Businesses Should Key Into ₦2.6tr Economic Package

The Federal Government has asked businesses hard- hit by the impact of COVID -19 to take advantage of the N2.6 trillion  Economic Sustainability Plan initiated by the government.


 By Frank Ikpefan, Abuja


Advertisements

The government said the N2.6 trillion stimulus package is to boost local economies, production and for all sizes of businesses, including small family businesses.

Advertisements

Secretary to the Government of the Federation/ Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 Boss Mustapha stated these during the briefing by the task force on Covid -19 in Abuja on Thursday.

Advertisements

Mustapha said the ravaging effect of COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy should provide more compelling reasons for Nigerians to leave no stone un-turned in fighting the pandemic.

He said: “The ravaging effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy should provide more compelling reasons for us all to leave no stone un-turned in fighting this pandemic. This week, the United Kingdom would be going into a recession after its economy suffered a slump in growth by a record 20% in the second quarter.

Advertisements
Advertisements

“I wish to remind all Nigerians that  ahead of such occurrence, our government had put in place an  Economic Sustainability Plan backed by a stimulus package in the sum of N2.6 trillion to boost local economies, production and for all sizes of businesses including small family businesses.

“I therefore, urge our businesses to take advantage of the stimulus package to revive and/or boost their businesses. We cannot afford to let our economy slide.”

Advertisements
Advertisements

He said that of the 14,906 evacuees received during the COVID-19 pandemic, only 684 tested positive to the coronavirus out of the 13,844 so far tested.

Mustapha warned that the fewer numbers of confirmed cases recorded in the last two weeks should not be misconstrued as victory over the virus.

Advertisements
Advertisements

“The PTF wishes to note as we have done before that fewer numbers of confirmed cases have been recorded in the last two weeks. This should never be misconstrued as victory over the virus.

“There is still a serious battle to be fought ahead of us as a people and as a country. It is, important, therefore, that we continue to build on our successes and not do anything to detract from them.

Advertisements
Advertisements

We wish to appeal to all Nigerians to exercise caution and restraint at all times. I wish to note however that from the reports for yesterday 12th August, 2020 no fatality was recorded.

“The PTF appreciates all our young people who have stepped out and are contributing to the fight against the pandemic and implore others yet to do so, to join this fight with all the necessary passion their youthful energy can bring to bear. I am sure that our risk communication and community engagement strategy would gain a lot of mileage if the various youth organisations and the youths themselves heed this call.

Advertisements
Advertisements

“It might interest you to note that of the 14,906 evacuees received during this COVID-19 pandemic, close to 80% are youths for which we are glad that only 684 tested positive to the coronavirus out of the 13,844 so far tested. In the coming days, we hope to receive more evacuees from different parts of the world,” he said.

[The Nation]

Advertisements
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s